Friday, August 15, 2014

Purpose of my life?

Life is not easy - not to me, not to you. It is a complex maze that each of us have to navigate - at our own speed, learning different lessons and at our own time. Sadly, by the time we learn our lessons, it is time to "check-out" of life.

How then can we find the purpose of our lives?

When I look back, I realize that I am a jack of all trades. I enjoy reading, stitching crochet, embroidery, jewelry making, travel, blogging, project management, people management - that's it. But then I do not excel in anything.

If I need to find an alternate career for myself, what should I do? what would I do? A question, which has been haunting me for a good10 years now. Every year, I have told myself, "an inspiration will strike one day and God will show me the way. That day, I will know what to do and that will be the day when I quit my job and focus on my passion"

10 years have passed and I am yet to be struck by that "inspiration". I feel lost, stranded, morose, dejected. I researched the internet and found simple steps to find out the true purpose of my life. The steps were:
1. Open a blank word document (or a sheet of paper)
2. Start writing all the professions or key words (verbs) that you can even remotely relate to
3. As you start doing that, you will find words that tug at your heart but then there will be 1 word you feel strongly about and feel like crying and emotional when you read/write that word. And that word, should be your true purpose of life

This seemed like a fairly good idea. So, I opened a new word document and started typing all the professions I could relate to and at least barely see myself in them. Word after word, nothing happened. And then, I felt a word being spoken out from the depth of my heart - Magic

I wrote the word "MAGICIAN" and I felt pulled to that word. Except - I am no magician. Whatever does this mean? What magic can I do? I don't know yet - but it does feel like I am closer to finding my purpose than I was before!!! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment