Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My "big" little daughter

My favourite sleep time statement to my daughter is this: (Aditi is her name. I call her Aditu)


Aditu, after your anna (elder brother) was born, I started praying to God “God, please give me a kutti little daughter”. God heard me and one day told me “As a birthday gift, I will give you a small baby”. And lo behold, you were there in my tummy. Eventually when my tummy became very big, the doctor aunty cut it open (It was a C-Section ) and pulled you out. So, you see, I love you so very much and you are my very best friend.

She used to hear this “rote” story every day. Eventually she asked “So, if I pray god to give me a baby, will I also get one”

Needless to say, next day onwards, my routine dialogue changed !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment