Thursday, November 17, 2011

Aditi - isms

Aditi is my 4 year old daughter. I named her Aditi because per mythology, Aditi was sage kashyapa's wife who gave birth to all the devas. :)

One day, Aditi came to me and asked, "amma, what is Pai". I was thrilled that she was asking about "Pai" (Pai, being my maiden sur name and family name, I take real pride in!!!) I sat her down and said, "Like your appa is an Iyengar, my family is called Pai. Her next question stumped me. She asked, "Then, what is Jama". That was when I realized she had split the word "pyjama" into "py" and "jama"...LoL

*****-----****

Aditi, lets talk about the alphabets. A for Apple, B for Ball, C for Cat, D for?
Pat came the response, "Rabbit"

****-------*****

Appa: Aditi what do you call an Eagle in Tamil?
Aditi: Urla-Kalanga
Appa: Laughs out loud... ille di, Eagle is Kanaga; Urla-Kalanga is Potato and Eagle is not equal to Potato
Aditi: Blinks

*****--------****

Amma: By the time you guys grow up, I would have become old
Aditi: Then, how come I am not seeing any white hair on your head?

*****---------*****

No comments:

Post a Comment