Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Jeene ke liye

Read this quote on Facebook, ironically posted by my one and only - “Your soul mate makes you feel entirely intact, like no piece is missing from the puzzle. A life partner, on the other hand, can be a great supporter and long-time companion, but is limited in his or her capacity to enrich your spirit.” ~ Dr. Carmen Harra

I suppose that is what I have been trying to digest - that I am his life partner but not his soul mate. we have good relationship, we laugh at times, share stuff, talk sometimes, discuss sometimes, somethings...but we are like 2 parallel lines that never meet. Our lives never intersect except for the common interest of our kids.

Perhaps I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to marry him? They why did it hurt that he loved someone else, what did it hurt that the intensity of his feelings were for someone else?

This song from Masoom says it all -

Jeene ke liye Socha hi nahin
dard sambhalane honge

Muskuraye to, Muskurane ki
Karz utarane honge

Muskuraoon to yun lagtha hai
jaise honto pe karz rakha hai...

But then, I know too well, life will never allow me to retrace my paths and take the road I had kept for another day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment