Monday, March 23, 2009

Bevu Bella

Ugadi is round the corner. We Kannadigas celebrate this festival by eating a mixture of Bevu (neem leaves) and Bella (Jaggery) to iterate the fact that Life is always a blend of happiness and sorrows... This year, this festival has even more significance in my life.
One one hand, my FIL (Father in Law) has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer. As results of each medical tests are pouring in, the last hope of liver transplant is also fading away. It is extremely painful for me to see my FIL, who has been my greatest supporter and a very good friend quitely fading away.
On the other hand, my only brother got betrothed yesterday. "Sagar" girl, Sahana stole his heart in one meeting. I never saw my brother so besotted with someone... Yesterday, when I first met my would-be Bhabhi, I understood why :)
So, you see, this year is truly going to be a mix of bevu and bella in my life. Each day, I pray God to give me strength to face either situation with equal elan.

2 comments: