Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where to draw the line?

Dear All,

I got promoted today. Post this announcement, I have started feeling out of box, out of place. Don't know if this is general reaction or is out of the blue.

I am feeling little lost because suddenly it seems my family, friends and peers have distanced themselves from me. May be this is my imagination.

Just yesterday, when I to my father's house, I told him he had not congratulated me on the good news. His first reaction "Did you call me up and tell me personally?". I am thinking about this question since yesterday - Was it really important that I had to tell him personally? Was it not sufficient that I had informed my mother? My mother, who was THE WOMAN behind my success deserved atleast this much. My father has never ever, till today, asked me how I am or what I am doing or how is work. And yet, he expects that I should call him personally and give him this news. Do I warrant a congratulations message only if I do this? And not otherwise?

I am really lost. Where do I draw the line between personal and professional relationships?

4 comments:

  1. havent you heard, "nindakarirabekayya, jagadalli nindakarirabeku..." its okey.. they just help you better urself :-)

    a big Congratulations on your achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. Your words does soothe a sad mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him that as their child you thought that the news itslef would make him happy and overshadow everything else...be it whether he got the message himslef or from your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. U never mind n be really really happy with what u have got esp. in the current scenario. My promotion is pending from a longgggggg time, thanks to the recession and I have got used to hear that I am gud but they cant say it on paper :(.

    CONGATULATIONS !!!!

    ReplyDelete