Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bed Time Stories

Every night, I have to tell 1 (or 2) bed time stories to my daughter. She will not sleep without hearing at least 1.

The challenge is, i have to tell her a story of only animals and that too of her choice. She might say, tell me a story of rhino and tiger or zebra and monkey - i have to let my imaginations fly, concoct a story and tell her, lest she starts crying... sigh!!! I just cannot see her crying...especially seeing tears in those beautiful eyes breaks my heart :)

So, what do I do? Tweak the stories that I know, replace characters and tell the same to her in various ways. Like last week, she wanted to hear a story of crow and fox. And this is what I told her:

"One day, there was a thirsty crow. He was looking for water to drink. Enroute, he met a fox. He asked the fox if there was drinking water in the vicinity. The fox, since is very cunning animal, decided to fool the crow and said, "Yes, a little further from here, you will find a pot filled with water". The crow was happy and flew in the guided direction. It did find a pot with water underneath. And what did it do? Started dropping pebbles in the pot, and once the water came up, it drank to its content and flew away. The fox had followed the crow and saw how intelligent the crow was. It felt extremely ashamed of its behavior and apologised to the crow"

How is that for imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment