Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Such is Life :(

We have a colleague who had gone on maternity leave. She delivered a healthy, chubby baby and the baby is currently 6 months old.

Yesterday, a friend pinged over IM and said, "Did you hear about this team member?"
And as usual, any goss at office, I would be the last one to know... I responded, "No, what happened?"

Friend typed, "Her husband, apparently, expired in an accident on Saturday"
I:  oh..God...what happened?
Friend: Apparently he had gone out on a team outing and they were returning by car. And the car was hit by behind. Sadly, he was the only one who was hit and died on the spot. Nothing happened to the rest of the occupants..

I could not respond - what kind of fate was this that snatched a loving dad from a 6-months old baby? A loving husband from a nice, beautiful girl? A son from old parents?

No answers!!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a similar incident of my colleague. Unfortunately for me, I had just spent 2 lovely weeks with her in US just a week before this incident. But more unfortunate is she and her daughter, because her husband has a twin. I just cannot imagine what both of them go through when they look at the twin day on day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jyothi, I can imagine. Death itself is so cruel especially when it happens at such a young age!!!

    ReplyDelete