Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Funniest Bike Learning Experience

Let me tell you the story of how I learnt to ride a 2-wheeler.

I fought with my dad and made him buy me a Hero Puch - first 4-stroke 2-wheeler to be launched. And I did this in rebelling against all well wishers who asked me to buy a gear-less vehicle.

Anyways, I finally had my bike and I was proud as a peacock. I got the "balancing" right. In order to practice riding, I used to take the vehicle out early in the morning.

One early morning, I set out towards Jnanabharathi Campus to practice my bike riding skills. I headed towards this as I knew vehicles were less and roads were good and decently wide...
Half way towards my destination, I had to negotiate an very uphill left bend.

Towards the left of the road were few huts and a huge garbage dump. One little kid was sitting near the garbage dump answering nature's call... (Now, don't say, sheesh, why is she writing about all this here... just wait until you read the entire story !!!)

I saw it from a distance and continued to ride towards the bend. As I was nearing the bend, I saw a bus coming from the opposite direction. I had not expected this. I got really scared. I was so busy thinking how I should work my way towards the left bend; that I did not observe the muddy patch.


Within no time, my bike skid off the road and I fell off slightly away from the garbage dump...5-7 feet away from where the little boy was s(h)itting!!! Next instant, I saw this little guy jump up and run towards the hut...


In 2 seconds, I realized that what had happened. Here was this little guy sitting peacfully by the road side. And there I come and fall couple of feet away from him... He was so scared that he actually thought I was falling on him... and he ran away...!!!

I found the whole incident so hilarious that even as i got up rubbing my wounds, I was laughing so loud... people gathered and started wondering whether I was in my senses :P


I am dead sure, this little guy, has never sat by the road's side to answer nature's call ever again :P


This is the most hilarious incident i can recollect associated with my bike riding experiences.

To end the story, I realized, riding a bike was tough. So, as i abandoned my bike, I resolved to drive a car when i started earning. That was when I could afford to buy a car...I could not ask my dad to buy one for me... Thankfully, that dream has come true :D

No...No more of such accidents!!!

3 comments:

  1. I thought u landed on "u know where".....

    U have a own car...great!!! I could not even buy a two wheeler after i started earning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny Vidya iff u were nt hurt. Me dnt hv the guts to laugh otherwise :P

    Congrats on ur car :) Even though I drive a car, I miss my two wheeler a lot n still use it unless I used to get caught by my dad before n now the hubby n they ask me to take the car instead! Thatz bcoz I can easily get away when there's huge traffic. But I love my car when it comes to long drives. With some gr8 music, its the best thing to do.

    Am glad it atleast prevented one boy from dng such things outside ;)

    Oh God, thatz a real longg comment :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AM,

    I cannot really say I own a car... it is owned by both my hubby and me. He pays the EMI and I get to drive it :P

    @ Swaram,

    No, I did not get hurt...so, you can laugh to your hearts content...

    Yes, the only satisifaction i too have from this incident is of stopping 1 person from doing such things outside :P

    ReplyDelete