Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To Mr X with Love :P

When I drive to & from office, I am like a horse - concentrating ONLY on the goal of reaching
office/home in record time. I seldom crane my neck to observe people or things unless it is toooo obvious. Leave alone hunting for handsome hunks...

Yesterday on my way to the office, I saw this motorist coming in the opposite direction. And something on his face caught my attention. That was the first time in the last 12 years my gaze had actually stopped on some guy's face for more than a fleeting second. This guy fitted my description of "handsome" - now-a-days this word is very personalized.

I drove through after that "more than fleeting glimpse" of that motorist. But there was a grin on my face as my memories took me back in time. Suddenly I remembered this particular guy on whom I had major crush during school days.

I was in 10th standard, and there was this college going dude who used to take the bus from the same stop early morning 6.30 a.m. And I used to feel terrible about not being able to draw his attention on me. He used to be very well dressed and smart. While I was really fat, wearing white school uniform and well oiled plaited hair :(He used to board the same bus and would get off at the same bus stop as me. This gave me 30 mins time to line marofy him.

Those days, I used to own an orange colored kashmiri jacket. And to me, it was the most fashionable item to wear. So, in order to draw this hunk's attention, I started wearing that jacket. I would even put my hands into its pocket to appear stylish....

Not that this tactic helped... he never gave me even a second glance.... i had told about him to 2 of my close friends at school and we had nicknamed him Amir Khan. He had the same hair style as Amir Khan in QSQT.

This continued through the year with NO results. And there I used to wait week after week seeing him from a distance and observing his style and stance. How casually he used to wait there with one leg folded against the wall behind him....

Well, this is where the story ends !!!

I am actually unable to understand why seeing this motorist actually brougth forth memories of this guy... but it definitely was a very niiiiiice feeling to revisit the bus stop and catch faint, fading glimpses of this unknown person.

3 comments:

  1. Was fun reading this Vidya. LOL abt the Kashmiri jacket. U still own it?

    I have a temptation to see the face behind 'Athmaavalokana' now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha,.. that brought a smile to my face and some similar memories ;)
    school days were divine!

    cheers,
    rohitha
    http://www.sothisishowyoublog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha, what is school without having any such memories.... i had a crush on my class representative... the moment he came on stage, i used to stare at him all the time, and when he got to know that, he started starring back and all my friends were pulling my leg.. we used to call him dennis the menace and each time he passed through our bench, we used to giggle... ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete