Thursday, June 11, 2009

Joggers Park

Every day morning, I walk down to my Gym located 5 mins from my house. On my way, I have to cross a park. Several grannys, grandpas, uncles and aunts would have already started their routine of running, walking or jogging.

In the 2-3 minutes that I take to cross that park, I have observed that there are several kinds of people that constitutes the early jogger set:

1. AG or Aunties' Group - Usually group of 4-5 ladies who are 50+ years. For this group, walking is just a reason to catch up on gossip. I hear them say "Avathu nanna sose yenandlu gotha...."

2. UG or Uncles Group - Group of 8-10 guys ranging from early 40s to late 70s wearing trendy sports outfit including a sports shoe walking briskly debating on IPL, World cup, wimbeldon and local politics. Jovial bunch taking a dig at each other... its fun to watch them

3. HW - House Work Group - The Husband and Wife pair who use this time to discuss their daily problems, plan for their home, kids, future.... seems more like brooding session than exercise session. I wonder whether few rounds around the park really helps them de-stress?

4. Yippee Bunch - Flexing muscles or bulges this bunch goes round the park with equal elan. Hep with a MP3 or Ipod stuck to their jogging suits, they are in their own world. Seems more like they want to show-off themselves to other Yippee Guys/Girls that go around the park. Quite interesting ;)

Overall, it makes me really happy to see us waking up to a healthy mindset. It is exciting to see I have so many people for company

On all cold and wet days, I used to be so reluctant to get up from my warm, cozy bed. But seeing so many people following the routine judiciously gives me the energy to drag myself out and head to the Gym :P

Call it Motivating Factor !!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Nanu park nalli walk maduvaaga I try to keep guessing what mite be gng on in each person's mind who cross by. Olhe time pass. Nice observations u have made. And sose maathu thumba irathe alva; or rather bari adhe iradhu AG avarige. Well said :)

    ReplyDelete