Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rising Sun?

His name is Teja. Right from his birth, he has brought immense happiness and joy to his parents. His father, M, comes from a family that is in distress - their elder son is autistic. Teja's grandparents have spent their entire lifetime looking after their elder son.

M and I became friends during our college days. We studied together for 5 years and continued to stay in touch. M is also my husband, S' best friend. We were there for M's wedding and all the joys that came into their lives afterwords. We have participated and hosted several lunches and have thoroughly enjoyed their company -both M and his wife, B, are very friendly couple and made for each other.

When Teja entered their life, their happiness knew no bounds - he truly was the apple of their eyes.

So, it was very shocking when I heard today that Teja has been diagonsed with Leukemia.

I am very numb and don't know what to say!!!

3 comments:

  1. when i read your post with lot of first letter word to refer people, it remainds me of a friend who does so. She calls her husband A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just try to be sensitive to people about whom I write...don't want them to come behind me with a stick for revealing their identity :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is the boy u were talking abt .. God bless them all!

    ReplyDelete