Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tale of Rings

One of my husband's cousins, who is an astrologer, suggested that I wear 2 rings made of 2 different gem stone. Now, I am one who believes "never leave an opportunity to buy gold" - so what if this can be eyed as me being superstitious....

So, off I went, purchased the stone and got the ring made. And after practicing the rituals to wear the ring, when I wore it on my right fingers, I realized I was no better than Phantom.

That evening, I was telling my son about this - and he had not heard about the Phantom story. I walked him through the fantasy of Kit Walker, who promises on his father's skull to fight piracy. I went on to talk about the skull cave, the diamond glass, phantom's rings - the "good" swastik and the "bad" skull rings.

And I added "see, next time you throw a tantrum, I am going to punch you with my right fist. This would leave 2 marks on your chin -very much like phantom.

Immediately, my son shot back "Nope, not phantom. The marks will be that of a "Fat" "Amma"

Since then, he refers to my rings as "Fat Amma" Rings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment