Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Big Foodie

Talk about Ani and a whole world of Food and restaurants open up. Ani was (I hope still is) a very big foodie. It was through him that we came to know many of the otherwise little known eating-joints in Bangalore.

He introduced us to the numerous "messes" run by individuals in and around NR Colony, Basavanagudi - simple yet delicious home cooked food - they could make simple yellow dal taste yummy yum.

Midnight Food Gaadis at KR Puram - My God... I did not know they existed!!! Dosas, Chinese Noodles were top favorites...

And who can forget VV Puram Food Street? On my first visit, I was like a girl given a room full of toys.

Which shop to visit first and what dosa to have and in what combination? Who will have what different item so I could get to taste each piece.

"Hey you take this and I will take that.. so we can share...okay?" - the discussions, negotiations were endless... ;)

Come to think of it... in the name of joint studies.. all we did in those days, was joint hogging :P

Thanks to all the cramming and walking, I seldom gained pounds.. else, by now, I would have to walk with the help of an earth mover :P

4 comments:

  1. VV puram...I miss u...here I come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joint hogging - sounds cool ;)

    VVPuram food street - heaven for foodies na!
    Thats where my in-laws stayed till sometime b4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ AM, I too miss VV Puram... dont get to go there as often as I used to...

    @ Swaram... hey would have freaked out being so close to VV Puram Food street... :) Icing on the cake is VB Bakery :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that made me very very hungry !!! :( What wouldn't I do for hot hot dosas..

    'Joint hogging' .. hahaha :D
    cheers fellow-bangalorean!

    ReplyDelete