Monday, August 24, 2009

Me ghajini?

Here are few instances in the recent past when I had turned into Ghajini. May be I am suffering from Dual Personality Syndrome :p

1. I go into the kitchen, stand near the refridgerator and start wondering how I came here and for what

2. My son reminds me "Amma, you had promised to prepare paneer subji today". I am like "Did I? Was I daft to promise him something like this on a week day?" Why am I not remembering when I gave him this promise?

3. Husband "V, can you please give me my Form 16 from whereever you have kept it?". Me "You kept it in your file this time and I dont know where it is." Husband "I remember very well I gave it to you"... I start scratching my head "I do not remember where I kept it... Am I so forgetful?" (although later it turns out that sir had himself kept it in a so called safe place and forgot)

4. FIL says "V, while you are coming down, can you please bring me 1 soap and 1 oil can from the storage cupboard". I say very obediently "Yes, Appa, I will get it" and next 5 times I walk up and down, I don't remember to bring this

5. Team member during a 1-on-1 meeting "V, you had asked me to schedule this meeting"... I am flabbergasted "Me? I did? Do you know why? did I give any agenda item?"

6. One day, after coming home, I changed into my home wear. Next day morning, I could NOT remember for nuts where i kept my spectacles.... I searched and searched and searched...finally when I opend my handback to remove my office tag, found the spectacles in there.... Second time, I went and bought a new pair assuming that I had lost the first pair. After 1 whole year, I found them in the top shelf of my cupboard.

7. I had back to back meetings at office. I carry my cell phone in my hand along with my laptop and water bottle..... its quite a struggle. Last week, I could not find my cell phone in my hand while I very well remembered carrying it with me. I went into each meeting room to search for it and even went to the rest room to see if I had left it there... no luck... exhausted from all the running around, i came to my desk feeling really sad for having lost this one (a birthday gift from my hubby)... opened my handbag to keep my office tag.... and Lo behold.. there is my cell phone sitting safely... How did it get there?

8. Friday, I wanted a cup of tea very badly... Searched for my mug.. could not find it there... gave up hope of finding the same and did not have coffee... end of day, went to the rest room just before leaving office... found my mug sitting in the rest room mirror cabinet... must have left it there during one of my previous visits... how come I don't remember when?

And yet, I tell my husband "You are so forgetful that one day you will see me walking beside you and suddenly you will turn and ask me "Do we know each other?" phew....

4 comments:

  1. last one was really funny......I too have experienced....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha do I dare say funny :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you remember to blog about all these incidents.. Point to be noted Ms. 'Ghajini' !! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. once i forgot to wake up one full day.

    ReplyDelete