Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reality Bites

Yesterday night, I called up Jo, who is currently in UK. It had been a while since we had talked and there was so much I wanted to share with her. Especially on the Gossip Front ;)

I had several guests at home. Despite this, I dialled her number and started talking to her. I told her how much I miss her companionship in the office and checked with her how she was faring in the new place.

After all initial pleasantaries, I started with a routine "Yen Gotha..." (you know what). Just then I realized that I was about to tell her about our office's "Gossip of the year". With this, the other realization that all my relatives had stopped talking and were listening to my conversation hit me hard. It was as if they knew instintively that I was talking something secretive.

Immediately i told Jo "hey, guess we have some company. So, hang on there... I will get into the room and we can continue talking". I said this and walked into the bed room. Settled on my bed, sitting cross legged. I continued where I had left.

As I was talking to her I sensed that to me, Jo was very much in the room and sitting right in front of me - eyes wide, listening to every word I was uttering. She was staring at my face in rapt attention, which pleased me a lot.

Just then, few of my relatives came in and asked me if they could sit on the bed. Without even waiting for my reaction, they made themselves comfortable on my bed. I was furious and extremely annoyed that this nosey bunch was not letting me talk to Jo. I opened my mouth to say something nasty... that was when I heard a weird sound "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ".

I turned from my pillow to realize that it was my cell phone alarm, which was giving me the wake up call. And the above mentioned episode was actually a dream :D

I instantly felt a tinge of sadness at having lost that proximity with Jo. This song came to my mind at that very moment summarizing my feelings perfectly:

Jeevan Ke Safar Main Raahi
Milte hain bichad jaane ko
Aur De jaate hain yaaden
Tanhaai main tadpane ko!!!

7 comments:

  1. I wish that your dream comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww .. long live this lovely friendship :)

    Well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sighhhh! the good old days!! now that gives me a wake up call, I shall call you tonight :)

    PS: the song gave me goosebumps..brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah....i hardly remember my dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post was like a thriller movie.. i wasn't sure which way you were heading
    1. Jo & u lost that connection. thank god that wasn't the case.
    2. your relatives finally got a dose from you ;)
    3. Jo slept off listening to you .. :D don't kill me, the zzzz made me feel that way.

    hehe :)never imagined a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ All,

    Thanks guys... all feedback from you helps me improve my writing skills :D

    ReplyDelete