Monday, August 3, 2009

To Care or Not, is the question?

I have 15 odd earthern pots in which I have planted various plants - flowers as well as vegetables. One of the pots has karela (Bitter Gourd) plant, which has turned yellow towards the root. One look at it and anyone will easily conclude that its "about to die".

Three days ago, when I was watering the plants, my hubby came over and said casually "Hey, I think you should stop watering the karela plant. It is anyway about to die". He made this comment and walked inside without waiting for my response.

While I shook my head and continued with my activity (Ofcourse, I watered the Karela Plant), I could easily draw a parallel between this plant and my FIL. I wanted to ask my husband "Should we stop giving food and water to your father? Anyway we know he is going to die".

And ofcourse, I could not bring myself to ask him this question till today. But his statement keeps haunting me each time I water the plants. I am unable to meet Karela in the eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Vidya! What u have said is so so true n gets one thinking! They are living beings too n require care till the end. U r such a warm person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very true Vidya! You are so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really profound .. And I can relate to your thoughts :)

    Btw, I have tagged you. Read my new post. Pls do the tag :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Swaram,
    I think guys are insensitive to these things... or may be I am hypersensitive... don't know which one is true.

    @Lairini,
    Thanks a bunch, madam

    @Lostworld,
    Thanks a bunch... If you have undergone any such incidents... why don't you share them?

    ReplyDelete