Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthdays and Childhood

Today is my son's birthday. And he was soooo happy. The phone just won't stop ringing from people wanting to wish him.. from grandparents to his friends and cousins.

He wore color dress to his school carrying chocolates to be distributed to all his classmates and not to forget his teachers...

He was so happy he has grown a year older. (I keep telling him that he will grow big only if he goes to school, else he will remain the small 6 years old guy. And this is something he truly believes in :P)

When I look into myself, I realize I have lost the enthusiasm to celebrate birthdays. I used to be a fun loving girl and my birthdays used to be "BIG" parties. I had groups of friends whom I had to definitely meet that day. College group (classmates, seniors, girls group), school group, old friends, neighbourhood friends, cousins so on and so forth. After treating each of the groups from breakfast to dinner, I would reach home only by 10 p.m. with all my gifts dumped into a big gunny bag.

And look at where I am today. I see my birthday as yet another day. No passion anymore to celebrate or buy gifts... where did I lose the child in me?

I am so clueless..never realized when it happened....

7 comments:

  1. Happy Bday to the lil err I mean big boy :)
    I think we all need to discover the child within again na ;)
    I saw AnA's snaps u know where ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Swaram,
    Thanks for the wishes... I will pass them to my son... I guess you must have "tagged" me on orkut... the snaps are posted there

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ AM, sorry, the only time i get to blog is at office... week ends, i slog slog and do more "house" work and get no time to login into internet and post some pics... I will surely ask my hubby to post some to my office email id so i can upload them here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy returns to your son!
    You aren't enthusiastic about celebrating your birthday or your son's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ MeMyHubbyNBaby,
    I am not enthusiastic celebrating my birthdays...As for my kids, even if I am not enthu, they are... So, i have to do it for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to the lil one.. belated of course.
    I'm also like your son, I start a countdown one month prior to my bday :) Just to ensure noone forgets it ..

    I hope he had a lovely day with you all. I'm sure you can work up the excitement just by telling him once that your bday is approaching -he would be excited for the both of u :D

    cheers,
    rohitha

    ReplyDelete