Monday, July 13, 2009

FIL's Undying Spirit

Liver Cancer has been imbibing my Father-in-law's energy and making him tired all the time. A jovial person who would walk down to neighbour's house for a casual brunch-time coffe-chat, can now be seen sleeping with no energy to get up and go down the stairs.

Oncologist did warn us about this and urged us to push him to walk and exercise his body. And this has been my hubby's and my constant effort. Each day, we spent lot of time and effort to talk to him, push and goad him to get up and walk, exercise.

Habitually, he dozes off immediately after breakfast, which according to my husband is not a good habit. This saturday was no different. He had had his breakfast and was sitting on the sofa waiting for sleep goddess to sing her lullaby.

My husband and I were sitting next to him. My hubby started "appa, what is this, you are dozing off again. Why can't you be a bit active and get yourself some exercise? You are ruining what is left of your health".

Immediately my FIL looked at me and said "In the film, Manasa Sarovara, there is a song "Neene saakida gini..ninna muddina gini...
haddagi kukkitallo, ninna haddagi kukkitallo...
Vidya, this guy is like the parrot in this song which is now pecking me like an eagle ......"

All I could do was hold my stomach and roll in laughter... while my hubby was seen fuming... :D

Despite all his pain, the spirit with which he makes others laugh is definitely commendable!!!

2 comments:

  1. He is really gr8! Whoever thinks of making others laugh when they hv almost no energy left in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your FIL has a great sense of humour. Reminds me of my grandpa :)
    Hope his health improves soon.

    ReplyDelete