Monday, July 20, 2009

My daughter is beautiful

Yesterday, my FIL made a comment "Your daughter is like a doll. She is so loveable and cuddalable. But she is not beautiful. She looks like Moddu and Muddu (dumb female)"

Well, I was certainly not happy to hear this. I totally believe in the kannada adage "Hethavarige Heggana Muddu" roughly translates to "You will love the child you give birth to, even if it happens to be a RAT"

So, dear Aditi, no matter what Thatha tells you, I love you with all my heart. I want you to know that my days have brightened after you came into my life. There have been nights when I have been awake but content at just staring at your lovely face... there are days when I shed tears just thinking about the day when you will get married, leave us and go.

And trust me...your appa goes through the same emotions ...

6 comments:

  1. Aditi is indeed beautiful Vidya n so lucky to have a Mom like u .. this post touched my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch, Swaram... I think all men are so hung up about beauty and fair skin and all that... dont really know why...but it truly upsets me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does upset me too! U won't believe .. one of my cousins is not as fair as the others in the family n one visitor who came to see her as a just-born said 'Chennagi gant idbeku eeglindhaane!' I wanted to kick him then n there :( Today, she is a national level player n a gr8 classical dancer. Hw did the colour even matter!!!!
    Then I learnt never to be disturbed by what anyone says .. we can't change their thoughts - can we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure one day ur little one will make her grandpa say he is proud of her and he will recollect what u wrote above and regret it.. Timepass

    ReplyDelete