Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Escapade

I asked her to stand outside while I made a pitstop to a nearby grocery shop to buy a pack of biscuits. I was on my way home from office and was very hungry. I told her I would come back in a jiffy. And, off I went.

Inside the shop (mini super market), I purchased not 1 but several pack of biscuits, and so many other things. Let me not go through my purchases... all in all, by the time I came out after paying the bill, she was not there... where i had left her.

I was shocked. I did not know what to do, or where to look for her. I called my husband to tell him about this incident. He was equally stunned. He suggested I talk to the traffic cop.
As I proceeded towards the next traffic signal, where i knew I could find a cop, I saw her... someone had dragged her into their vehicle and were taking her by force with them. I was furious. How can they do this to a hapless person?

I ran behind that vehicle like a person possessed. But unfortunately, just at that instant, the traffic turned green and that vehicle sped off. I ran to the stationary cop and said "Look, they are dragging the hapless person in their vehicle... do you know where they are headed to?"
The cop answered, "Looks like they are headed towards ulsoor...why don't you take an auto and follow them?". He laughed at my predicament, which made me even more angry.

I flagged an auto, hopped in and directed the hapless driver to follow the vehicle. The driver was very confused to see a girl flagging him down with such furore. He did not have a choice but to comply.

Luckily as per the cop's direction, that vehicle was indeed going towards Ulsoor. I intercepted them near Ulsoor. I talked to her tormentors and begged them to release her. Seeing the pain in my voice, they relented. "Not without paying a price", they said. I agreed to pay any price to get her away from their clutches. We bargained and struck a price. I paid them. After they went away, I got her home.

I was proud of her and myself for bearing this agony stoically.

As I parked her in our compound, I told her how brave she was to go through such an episode today. I promised her I would never park her recklessly on the road that would lead the traffic cops to tow her away again.

As she settled down after such a stressful day, she seemed to understand and forgive me!!!

7 comments:

  1. I dont know whether to laugh wrt to your expression or to feel sad wrt what happened to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lairini, You can laugh because it is in the past now and i laughed too once i got my car back :)
    The way i have written this, I found it very funny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha .. well written! I guessed it must be ur car ;)

    N yeah .. proud of both of u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I thought it is ur kid, then a dog, and finally car.....well written

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post.. I read it twice :) hehe..

    'Pat on the back' to your car for stomaching such an ordeal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha ha, nicely written... when i was reading through, first i thought its aditi, then i thought it could be your helper at home, amele i was wondering what this is antha :D

    good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Swaram, Thanks a bunch... you are a smart girl to have figured this out :P

    @AM, thanks ... i am happy this was a suspense piece for at least 1 reader :P

    @ Lostworld.... thanks so much... guess i am learning how to blog well :)

    @ Khushi.... thanks to you madam... if not for you... I would not be here... :P

    ReplyDelete